Ok we have had some input from members of the club. We have decided that since we couldn't find a group camp site that is open during the particular weekend of June 21st, 22nd and 23rd, we decided we will choose two spots. If the first spot is taken then we will proceed to the second spot.
By now we all know about the devastating tornado that hit Moore Oklahoma yesterday.
At this time the Oklahoma ARES Section Emergency Coordinator (SEC) advises that there have been no ham radio assets deployed. OK ARES is on stand by and there are no requests for additional assistance at this time.
Ok nobody came up with a subject to discuss at the next meeting. So the only thing we will have on the agenda is Field Day. So I expect the next meeting to run for about an hour long.
Some items on the agenda:
3. What equipment
4. Who - as in who is 100% for sure going.
We might go into why do Field Day and what it's about. However, this might be very short depending on what the members want to discuss. I was going to do a class on APRS but I haven't had time to do research on the subject.
I have been informed by a few of our members that this weekend is not going to be a good weekend for the TMM. So we will be cancelling the event till we can find a better time to do this. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us and let us know.
Be advised the the MCECG will be using the 446.050 and 147.500 simplex frequencies this Saturday for a public service event. I encourage everyone to use alternate frequencies during this event to avoid interfering with their event.
May 22nd is a Planning Meeting for Field Day/ as well as one topic to discuss
June 22nd and 23rd Field Day (REMEMBER there is no meeting on June due to Field Day)
The last few club meetings we have had some low turn out. I am thinking that this might be due to personal commitments. For those who have missed the past few meetings, we do miss you and it would be wonderful to see more of you if you can.